Great Legal Document Assistance
1331 Cottonwood Road, Ste. 47D, Bakersfield, CA 93307
Helping you fight for your rights.
Non-attorney document preparation and related services
Are you the pastor of a church? Click here.
Family Law Services
Divorce – Summons, Petition, Request for Default, and Fee Waiver. Short declaration disclosure included. Our charge: $710
- Divorce Response – Response, Fee Waiver. Short declaration disclosure included. Our charge: $670
- Petition to Establish Parental Relationship – Our charge: $710
- Petition to Terminate Parental Rights – Our charge: $1,070
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order – Always prepared as a rush job. Our charge: $730
- Request for Order – Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody, Visitation, etc. Our charge: $540
- Petition to Establish Grandparent Rights – Our charge: $690
- Stepchild Adoption – Our charge: $850
- Guardianship – Our charge: $1,280
- Conservatorship – Our charge: $1,500
- Notice – 3, 15, 30, or 60 Day Notice – Our charge: $85
- Eviction/Unlawful Detainer – Residential, Possession Only – Our charge: $1,100
- Writ of Execution – Ask the sheriff to come to the property and physically remove the tenant – Our charge: $160
Services for the accused
- Recall Warrant – If you have an active warrant, we can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant. Our charge: $150
- Own Recognizance Release – You could be released on your promise to appear in court at a future date. We can help you prepare a motion to request an Own Recognizance release. Our charge: $150
- Warrant Check – Sometimes, a person believing they have a pending warrant for their arrest are mistaken. We can verify with law enforcement whether or not you have a warrant. Our charge: Free!
- Bail Bond – If you don’t have enough cash to post, we can help you arrange for bail with a bail bond company to secure your freedom while your case is pending. We work with multiple bail bond agents, who can help you with low rates and financing. Our charge: Free!
- Bail Reduction– If your bail is too high, we can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant and reduce your bail. Our charge: $150
- Expungement – Many defendants who have completed their sentence qualify to have their conviction expunged. We can help you prepare the appropriate pleadings to expunge a case. Our charge: $150 to $350
- Seal – If you were arrested but not convicted, you may qualify to have your case sealed. We can help you prepare the appropriate pleadings to seal a case. Our charge: $150 to $350
- Reduce Felony to Misdemeanor – Many types of felonies can now be reduced to misdemeanors and then expunged, even if the defendant served a prison sentence. We can help you prepare the appropriate pleadings to reduce a felony to a misdemeanor. Our charge: $150 to $350
- Jail Deliveries – Court clothes, important documents, glasses… there are several important things that need to be delivered to jail inmates, but not everyone qualifies to make jail deliveries. We do. We make deliveries to jails in greater Bakersfield. Our charge $50 to $150.
- Jail Wedding – To secure family visits and other benefits, some couples decide to marry before serving a prison sentence. We can help obtain the necessary documents to allow for a marriage, and then we can perform the marriage. Our charge: $150 to $550 (depends on whether the couple already has appropriate license and permission)
- Jail Notary – We can go to the local jails to notarize documents. Our charge: $150 (Central Receiving), $200 (Lerdo Pretrial), $220 (Lerdo Justice Facility). Prices are primarily based on the wait times to get into the different facilities.
- Planning Package – When a loved one goes away, someone should help take care of their affairs at home, and someone should be available to help make medical decisions for them should they fall ill in prison. We can prepare a durable power of attorney, an advanced directive for healthcare, a statutory will, and related documents. Our charge: $350
- Property Transfer – An inmate who owns a home may wish to transfer that home to a loved one. We prepare deeds for such purposes. Our charge: $350, including recording fees.
- Planning Package – Power of Attorney, Advanced Healthcare Directive, Statutory Will, and HIPAA Release – Our charge: $350
- Civil Restraining Order – Our charge: $530
- Summons and Complaint – Limited Civil – Our charge: $725
- Name Change – Our charge: $650
- Process Service
- First attempt to serve in 1 to 3 days – Our charge: $120*
- Rush – First attempt to serve within 24 hours – Our charge: $140*
- Service NOW! – First attempt to serve within two hours – Our charge: $160*
- Declaration of Due Diligence – Our charge: $50
*Plus a one time charge of $1.50 / mile based on the distance from our office to the location of service and back no matter how many attempts are made.